- Core Competencies for Interprofessional Collaborative Practice
Released May 2011 by the Interprofessional Education Collaborative (IPEC) partnership, including the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN), the American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine (AACOM), the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP), the American Dental Education Association (ADEA), the American Association of Medical Colleges (AAMC), and the Association of Schools of Public Health (ASPH).
- Team-Based Competencies: Building a Shared Foundation For Education and Clinical Practice
Released May 2011 by the Josiah Macy Foundation, the American Board of Internal Medicine Foundation, and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, with support from the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA).
Online collection of IPE Assessment Tools
The National Center for Interprofessional Practice and Education has launched a new collection of measurement instruments for interprofessional practice and education research. Twenty-six (26) assessment tools are available for clinicians and educators who are looking for practical tools to help implement and measure the effects of IPE on learning, quality of care and health outcomes. From learner attitude assessments to patient satisfaction surveys, all tools are specifically related to IPE and include validation information and, in most cases, access to view download or request a copy of the instrument. The Center invites input and contributions of tools you’ve found useful to their evolving catalog of instruments. To view the instruments and/or join the ongoing discussion, see: http://nexusipe.org/measurement-instruments
Online Compendium of Interprofessional Literature
The National Center for Interprofessional Practice and Education has launched a new searchable Interprofessional Literature Compendium. This resource is based on a review of the interprofessional education (IPE) and collaborative practice empirical literature from 2008 to 2013 and focused on the impact of this area of inquiry on the outcomes identified in the Triple Aim. Read more about development of the Compendium. The Compendium includes full citations and access through PubMed to 496 manuscripts, organized by article content, country of study, healthcare system, methods, number of professions involved, sample size and study setting. Browse the Interprofessional Literature Compendium.
- University of Washington
Performance Assessment of Communication and Teamwork Tool Set
Simulation Team Training Toolkit
- Thomas Jefferson University Assessment Tools for Interprofessional Education, Learning, and Practice
Didactic Modules (Includes Teaching Plan and PowerPoint Presentation)
Health Mentors Program Faculty Toolkit
Roles of Health Professions
Videos and Curricula
- Medical University of South Carolina
Interprofessional Course Description Form
Team Competencies Evaluation Instrument
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) Open School for Health Care Professionals
The IHI Open School for Health Professions is an online interprofessional educational community that offers students skills like quality improvement, patient safety, teamwork, leadership, and patient-centered care for health care improvement. The University of Iowa is a member of IHI Open School, which allows any UI student access to IHI courses and resources.
- The Josiah Macy Jr. Foundation Report: Transforming Patient Care: Aligning Interprofessional Education with Clinical Practice Redesign. This report (issued April 2013) is a series of recommendations to align healthcare education and practice, outlining immediate action steps to link interprofessional education and collaborative care. The recommendations stem from a January 2013 Macy Conference where leaders in health professions education and healthcare delivery came together to discuss how they might align their efforts. Read the report For information about the Macy Foundation: www.macyfoundation.org
- Workshop Summary: Interprofessional Education for Collaboration: Learning How to Improve Health from Interprofessional Models across the Continuum of Education to Practice
- Released:May 13, 2013
- In 2012, the Global Forum in Innovations in Health Professional Education held its first two workshops, focusing on linkages between Interprofessional education (IPE) and collaborative practice. The workshops set the stage for defining and understanding IPE and provided living histories of speakers from around the world who shared experiences working in and between Interprofessional education and Interprofessional or collaborative practice. This report summarizes the workshops.
- For more information and access to the full report: http://iom.edu/Reports/2013/Interprofessional-Education-for-Collaboration.aspx
- 11. Buring S, Bhushan A, Broeseker A, Brazeau G. et al, Keys to Successful Implementation of Interprofessional Education: Learning, Location, Faculty Development, and Curricular Themes. Amer J Pharm Ed 2009;73(4)Article 60(Suppl):1-11. PMID:19657493 Keys to Successful Implementation of Interprofessional Education
- 12. Buring S, Bhushan A, Broeseker A, Conway S. et al, Interprofessional education: definitions, student competencies, and guidelines for implementation. Amer J Pharm Ed 2009;73(4)Article 59(Suppl):1-9.